Developers' Workshop and Hackathon
University of Colorado
May 25-28, 2018
Description of the workshop
The workshop takes place May 25-28, 2018 at CU facilities, and
will focus on collaborations between core GeoClaw developers and their students.
It immediately follows the CSDMS Annual
Meeting (May 22-24)
Github Repository and project page
The Github repository clawpack/geoclawdev-2018
can also be used for sharing resources.
for project ideas, etc.
We will also try to address many of the open
The following people plan to participate in the 2018 workshop:
- Loyce Adams (University of Washington)
- Marsha Berger (Courant Institute, NYU)
- Donna Calhoun (Boise State University)
- Brisa Davis (University of Washington)
- David George (USGS, Vancouver, WA)
- Randy LeVeque (University of Washington)
- Jiao Li (Columbia University)
- Kyle Mandli (Columbia University)
- Xinsheng Qin (University of Washington)
- Huda Qureshi (Columbia University)
- Avi Schwarzschild (University of Washington)
Space is limited. If you are interested in participating please contact
Randy LeVeque, (rjl at uw.edu)
Schedule of the workshop
The GeoClaw Developers
Workshop begins on Friday
May 25 in the CSDMS facility. The remainder of the workshop will take place
at the University of Colorado
Mountain Research Station.
Housing at the MRS will be provided Friday through Monday nights.
A tentative schedule is available on the wiki.
Several people plan to rent cars and we can all drive together from Boulder
to the MRS. From Denver DIA Airport to Boulder the
Bus is convenient. Going back from the MRS, if you are not going with
someone who is driving, there is also the
N bus from Nederland to Boulder that could be used, connecting to the AB
bus. Someone can get you to Nederland, about 8 miles from the MRS.
GeoClaw-Dev 2018 is sponsored in part by
CSDMS at the
University of Colorado (supported by the NSF), the
UW Department of Applied
and a UW
CoMotion Presidential Innovation Fellowship.